For much of the twentieth century, speaking about and partaking in marijuana was taboo. Now that it is fully legalized in many areas, that stigma has been lifted yet often replaced with misinformation surrounding cannabis. Plant Galaxy Dispensary includes an enlightened staff who are marijuana experts. We have a firm understanding of how cannabis works, and more importantly, how it will work for you.
Learn More About Cannabis
If you have any questions at all, please reach out to us. At Plant Galaxy Dispensary, we have a passion for cannabis education and take extra time hiring and training our highly qualified staff.
Stop by Plant Galaxy Dispensary for answers to all of your cannabis questions!
Marijuana products come in an extensive range of ingestion methods and provide a variation in terpenes, cannabinoids and other desirable plant compounds.
- Terpenes are located in every strain of cannabis. They are responsible for smells and flavors.
- Cannabinoids are chemical compounds specific to cannabis that interact with cell receptors throughout the endocannabinoid system (ECS) to produce an array of therapeutic and pleasurable effects.
- The endocannabinoid system (ECS) is a biological structure found in the brain and body that works to manage and balance essential functions, including appetite, anxiety, memory, reproduction, pain perception, metabolism and more.
- THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) is the most common cannabinoid in the cannabis plant and behind the “high” effect. It secures nerve receptors in the brain and throughout the body and offers a potent treatment for those suffering from chronic pain, inflammation and sleep disorders.
- CBD (Cannabidiol) is earning acceptance and popularity for its potential medicinal and therapeutic effects. It is non-psychoactive and used to reduce inflammation, relieve pain and more.
- Indica strains bring on feelings of relaxation and a stronger high that affects the whole body. They’re often sought out for pain relief and to induce sleep.
- Sativa strains usually offer uplifting and energizing sensations, focusing more on both mind and body. They are most commonly used for creativity-enhancing effects.
- Hybrid strains include indica and sativa features, with effects falling in-between. They may provide a perfect balance of energizing and calming effects or emphasize one end of the spectrum or the other, depending on whether the hybrid is sativa-dominant or indica-dominant.